Followers

Sunday, March 11, 2012

El Cajon Chiropractor - How much is your health worth?

I was recently reading an article in Time mageazine regarding how much the average American spends on certain items each year.  Read it here.  It made me think about how many times my patients told "I can't afford to come in this week" or people in agonizing pain telling me "I wish I could come and see you, but I just can't afford it.  Here are some great ways for you to save a little money to put towards your chiropractic care.

Average amount spent each year on:
Coffee - $1,092
Christmas gifts - $700
Cell phone (average) - $606
Cell phone (iPhone) - $1,900
Electricity - $1,419
Health insurance - $15,073
Pet (dog) - $1,542
Pet (cat) -  $1,183
Shoes - $370
Soda - $850
Watching sports - $100
Total for these categories - $24,835

Now obviously, I'm not asking anyone to go without health insurance or electricity nor am I telling you to take your pet to the pound.  An office visit at my office is $45.00.  If you buy a package of 12, you get a 20% discount.  Therefore for you to come into my office once a month for a year, to make sure that your nervous system was functioning at 100% of its capacity to help your body function at its full potential, it would cost you $432.  Now, if you bring your spouse, and you bring in your children on kids free day, it would cost you $864 for the year.  That means your whole family could have monthly checkups for an entire year.  So how much would you have to cut back you ask?  3.5%.  That's it.  Now I ask you, isn't it worth finding a way to cut back just 3.5% in these 11 categories to help your family be well?

"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" - Benjamin Franklin

Stay healthy San Diego!


Dr. Dennis Barker DC is a Chiropractor in the Community of Fletcher Hills serving the cities of El Cajon, La Mesa, Santee and all of San Diego County.
Visit us at www.fletcherhillschiropractic.com and www.facebook.com/fletcherhillschiro

No comments:

Post a Comment